Venice beach conditions November 2007

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anyone have any idea on Venice conditions for this weekend? Nov. 17th or 18th? Thanks

Not lookin' too good for the weekend. A cold front is expected to move through tomorrow which will probably mess up the viz for a couple of days. Water temp was 69 last Saturday.

They were surfing today in Venice.
doesn't look good for tomorrow.
may try Sunday

went today at SHarkeys pier , vis 4-8 inshore then when I reached the fossil area vis was 8 - 12 not bad vis, but, the beach renoureshement pretty much ruined the reef at the 21 foot depth as all the rocks are covered with sand now , sand and dead shells absolutly nothing worth diving for anymore out at sharkeys. The only purpose I could see is maybe a underwater search and recovery training dive, since only is sand and you can only navigate by compass. Probably last time I will dive at sharkeys for several years until sand washes further out past reef.

time in 10:37
time out 11:46
water temp 67

Will confirm DV4Fun's report

vis 10'+ in the 20' depths
temp 67 , dove 5/4 suit w/ hooded vest, 107 min BT and was warm

I did Service Club and all the sand that's down at Sharkey's must have come from Service Club.
There was alot of new exposed areas.
No good finds today, 1/2 meg 3" and about 100 small teeth

11-19-2007
in 10:30 viz 8-12 ft at 15FSW at 21FSW viz was even better
out 11:50

water temp 67F not too bad yet , viz helps stay warm

11-19 sorry , dove alhambra , fossil bed at 15ft is uncovered and found about 100 small ones and found a half Meg.

Thanks for the report. I think I may head out there tomorrow!

Got out this morning with Fl West

Temp 69
vis 12'+
winds picked up out of the north and by 1pm the seas were running 4'-5'

today's haul,

Attachments

• teeth11232007.JPG
    teeth11232007.JPG
    193.6 KB · Views: 43
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom