Venice beach conditions November 2007

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dv4fun

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Venice conditions for November
Here is my experience for Venice

wind is a large factor for beach diving conditions

Generally anything < 5kts will be fair to good

E < 20kts probably good ( we actually dove in a East 25k gusts and was 20 ft vis , no one else was around due to wind , but, the first 300 yards were like glass)

ENE < 10kts probably good
ESE < 10Kts probably good
NE < 10kts fair
NNE < 5 kts fair
N < 5 kts fair
SSE < 5kts fair
anythng with a W > 3 kts is no good

If anyone has dove recently please post , date ,time water temp and vis. I hope anyone diving this week and for the rest of month will post, Thanks Jeff

Water temp 73 ,

near shore 0 vis.

start of first fossil bed at 15ft vis seemd to be 20ft top to bottom, I could see flag from bottom.

further out 20ft seemed to diminish to 8-12 ft vis , spotty clarity. seemed like a clear channel of water running through 15-17 FSW area.

Firs photo 9:30 am , second photo 12:00 noon

Attachments

• n7_10_10am.jpg
    n7_10_10am.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 57
  • NW_13kts_1230pm.jpg
    NW_13kts_1230pm.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 45
hello just got home

we were all set to go back in and the wind really picked up, so we scraped the 2nd dive

i have been there many times in the past and never had the vis i did today. now that i am home i only have 4 teeth left, i just cant seem to hang on to them.
anyway i added you to my list and will talk @ you later, let me know if you are going to go this weekend and maybe i can drag my girl up there.
Doug

I was in the water at 10am today: computer temp 69 degrees, vis at 17feet was good. Vis probably topped out at about 12 feet along the sand, maybe 8 feet when an arms length off the sand. Lots of seagrass everywhere. A slight surge but the surface was actually pretty smooth.
The shore has been beat up pretty badly by waves.
I wore a 2 piece 3mm suit and was comfy, but a hood would have made it easy to do a second dive.

Got in today at 2pm
temp 71
vis 6'-12'
slight south current w/ surge
winds NW
seas 2'+

time @ dive site 0930
departed @ 1330
Viz 12-15 feet
water temp 67-69 F
lot of sea nettle jellies @ 10 fsw

11/11

temp 69
vis in the 20'-22' depths 15'+

the haul,

Attachments

• teeth11112007.JPG
    teeth11112007.JPG
    186.2 KB · Views: 64
Time to break out the 7mm 2 piece!!! BRRR
Nice haul 2thdiver, one day, I hope to find a meg.

Ask Reeldreams and Naturewalker36 how they did...

I was out there with some friends on Friday the 9th. We went in North of the pier.
Visibility was around 10 to 12 feet. I think the water temp was around 71 or 72. I dont remember exactly
We scrapped the 2nd dive due to the wind picking up, causing the waves to pick up and the visibility to go down. We did manage to find a handful of small teeth though.

This was my first dive since getting my certification and it didnt go so well. Some mistakes were made but lessons were learned.

Last but not least I lost a pair of borrowed Oceanic V-12 Fins. :pityparty:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom