Venice Beach area accommodations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jet126

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I'm planning to drive over to do a little tooth hunting in a few weeks. Can anyone recommend a reasonable place to stay for just one night? It would be a Thursday night - I know a lot of places require two night minimum.

TIA!

jet

When you exit from I75 at Jacaranda (exit 193) you will see a Holiday Inn Express and
a Best Western on your right as you are going south on jacaranda toward Venice Ave.
The Holiday Inn Express is the newer of the two hotels. There are really not a lot of major
hotels in town. Probably smaller type accomodations if you look around. It's really just a short
ride from these two hotels on Jacaranda to Venice Avenue which runs west right to the gulf.

When are you planning on being in Venice?

I'm confirmed on the 8am Aristakat on Thursday Aug 18. We'll be driving over from Hollywood on Wednesday afternoon the 17th. And then head home right after the dive. So I'm looking for one night: Wed 8/17. I haven't had a chance to call any place yet. Capt. Jamie also recommended lodgings.

After years of diving pretty much exclusively on Florida's beautiful east coast I've decided it's high time I took a staycation and checked out some other spots this state has to offer. :) Friday morning we're driving down to Key Largo. I haven't dove there since 2005.

I live on the east coast in Martin county and fossil dive over there regularly...I stay at two places which have good summer rates.....The Island Breeze, which is a cozy [rooms are small and wall unit a/c can be noisey if your a lite sleeper ] privately owned place on Tamiami Trl, right around the corner from where Aristakat picks up...It's centrally located in Venice, close to shops, restuarants etc.....Rates are less if you call direct..They are used to divers, several of us stay there regularly....And the Bently, just North of Venice, about 6 miles in the SMALL town of Osprey on #41 [ask for an unrennovated room they're just as nice for less....I've tried staying at the Hampton Inn and they are close and a typical motel, but they don't budge on price and always try to give you a third floor room by the noisey elevator....The Bently(SP ?) has a nice pool, Tiki bar and a restuarant too.....Tell Jamie, Pete said hello and to go South of the Pier [bigger teeth].....Good luck hope you find good 'stuff'.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom