Venice Beach 6/4

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubadad

Registered
Reaction score
I know several are over at VB today so I awaiting a trip report.

ABQdiver is in Orlando this week and we would like to do Alhambra on Saturday, 6/4.

We are new to that site. Any one going to be in the area?

Man, I'd love to join you, but I'm diving the Bayronto that day. Conditions there are really nice right now. Colin swears there's a touch of red tide, and I may believe him (my throat is really scratchy after today, and I did get nauseous which is unusual for me), but other than that, 20' vis 82 degrees and flat. Picked up a nice haul of teeth from Alhambra, but only a 1/2 meg and a few others from south of the pier.

Other than the mild respiratory irritation it was unbelievable out there today. The water was as clear as I've ever seen it! I may have to sneak up there this week and check it out yet again... I have REALLY missed diving!!

CBulla:
Other than the mild respiratory irritation it was unbelievable out there today. The water was as clear as I've ever seen it! I may have to sneak up there this week and check it out yet again... I have REALLY missed diving!!

A minor irritation we can live with. We are watching the weather and hope it stays nice.

scubadad:
A minor irritation we can live with. We are watching the weather and hope it stays nice.

Ok first it was the red tide now it is raining like mad here (Ocala,Lady Lake area)....what is the weather supposed to be like around Venice today. We are planning on being there around noonish.
Do I need to offer a sacrifice to the diving gods or what?

It's raining right now here.

ReefGuy:
It's raining right now here.

It is it supposed to clear up anytime soon?

doesn't look like it by the weather map.

Ok, just got on today, thanks scubadad for starting the thread! I was hoping the weather would hold out for another great beach dive on the West coast this next weekend. Might be iffy now! We might have to go to Ginnie instead.....

Anyone have any location and setup tips for the Venice beach area??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom