Venice Beach 03/27 or 03/28

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Although i have my flag i have to get used to keep up the slack and not turning into it and wrapping myself up. I did that a few times with Reefguy last time as i couldnt see the line. I took it out on Denton for the first time on saturday and wrapped a few times again, getting better though at avoiding the line sticking up behind me!

So who is now going on saturday??
Myself, H2Andy, SmokeAire, Scubafool, Aihfl (btw, you are just around the corner from me), Fgrey1, i know there were others in the previous thread, hopefully they can find this one.
Sunday?? Wildbill? Scubafool? H2Andy? others?

Again due to the lose of the other thread, here are the directions for those of you who have not be introduced to the wonders of super low viz diving and rummaging your hands in the sand to sift for teeth:

From the south:

Head to Venice on I 75. Take exit 193 and head SW (coming from the south that’s a left turn) on Jacaranda. Turn right on Venice Ave. Stay on Venice Ave until after you’ve crossed the bridge to the downtown area. Turn left at the second light after the bridge (Harbor - name not well marked). Turn right at the 5th street (Alhambra).

From the north:

Head to Venice on I 75. Take exit 200 (SR681) and follow it to US 41 where you'll turn left (south). Take US 41 to Business US 41 (Tamiami Trail) where you turn right. After you cross the bridge, you'll turn right on Venice Ave. Turn left at the first light (Harbor - name not marked). Turn right at the 5th street (Alhambra).

Park on the street as close to the dead end as possible. Be careful not to block the driveway to the condo. Keep your dive between the culverts to the south and the three pine trees to the north.

Reefguy for Sunday, and I think CBulla as well.

I can bring an extra flag. Is it still on for Saturday?

yeessa

My family will be going to .I'm talking Sat. here.
There may be others as well. I've invited a few people that were there last time. Like I said I'll be there around 9 - 9:30.
I'll see who ever shows. I usally bring extra tanks as well.
Fred

So far Saturday looks good for me still. I'll probably be there around 9ish. If I'm not going to make it I'll be sure and post Friday night. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Sorry, Got carried away with the whole annoucer thing. It's going to be a Definite for Sunday. PM'd ReefGuy, Looks like he's in.....I'm trying to lock down 8buck for that day as well. I have equiptment of his that I need to return.

It only took a whole year for Reefguy and myself to finally get in the water together. Now that doesn't really sound like a feat, but what you need to take into consideration is that we only live probably about five miles apart from each other.

I'll see whoever else shows on Sunday, be there 8:30-9ish.

Wildbill:cop_2:

simbrooks:
Saturday is also my day of choice, sundays are a pain for doing stuff. I will be there around 8.30-9ish, we can get one in before Fred gets there.

As for dive flags, i have one in my kit, i can also pick up a dive flag if you need one Chuck from Divers Direct on the way down?? They have a 20x24 3 grommet and a stiffner in two different materials for $13-14 if that interests you? I bought mine as part of a float kit, but i think these independant flags should fit.

This time i had better find some teeth though!!

Simon,

Thanks for the offer. Let me check with DD and see if they have that fits my float. I have the float and the pole that's in the float, it's a pull-apart pole, the top half of the pole was attached to the flag that was stolen. So I have to make sure that I can get a flag and a pole that fits mine. If not I will have to get the complete float/flag set up.......grrrrrr.
I'll let ya know.....

Chuck

I took the liberty to split this thread, one for the Sat. people and one for the Sun. people. Thought it might be easier to keep track on who is going when.
Well for me anyway......entering my dotage soon.

Chuck

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom