Venice again - Wednesday 5/12!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I sure would like to out there with you guys some time, but there ain't no way I would be allowed to take a weekday off! :wink:

I got a meg, too. a Teeeny snaggletooth (around 1/4"), a mako, and about sixty others.

Mike, I saw you guys north of us, but wasn't able to hook up with you.

Nice to catch up with everyone today. Fossilhunter, nice diving with you. Let me know when you're headed back.

ReefGuy, likewise, it was nice to meet you.

I didn't find any megs, but I did get a few nice ones in the 60 or so teeth I did find. I've got to be careful, I could get used to this weekday diving!

I'm going to go this weekend in Venice on Saturday at Service Club Park just north of the pier.

Sooo... in all it was a good dive today except it was very silty out there. I swam all the way out to the anchored boat, waved hello to some folks with a beeping computer and swam back. didnt find any megs, but have a beautiful snaggle tooth upper and a completely intact porcupine or puffer fish upper platelette. 44 teeth overall with only a few brokens collected early on before I decided to only collect whole chompers. :)

ReefGuy:
...Mike, I saw you guys north of us, but wasn't able to hook up with you...
Damn I was pissed. Matt comes all the way out from CA to spend two weeks diving and look at what he gets: all this wind on the East Coast and an hour and a half looking at sand in Venice after a 3-hour drive. He was a sport about it, though, and we had a blast in the Keys.

I didn't see any other divers or I would have come over... that is, I would have come over BEFORE our dive but would have slunk over afterward. Imagine... NO teeth! Well, Matt found a fragment and we did get that weathered Meg.

Funny thing about this "Big Tooth Syndrome" though... I'm not the slightest bit interested in the little teeth anymore. I have this compulsion to find a 7" tooth or nothing... that's what makes me a bad gambler, too, and so I stay away from Las Vegas lol...

I just like finding teeth, big or small. I wish we could have hooked up, though. We'll catch you next time...

MikeJacobs:
ReefGuy:
Funny thing about this "Big Tooth Syndrome" though... I'm not the slightest bit interested in the little teeth anymore. I have this compulsion to find a 7" tooth or nothing... that's what makes me a bad gambler, too, and so I stay away from Las Vegas lol...

That's what I'm suffering from, among other things. I usually don't spend the time picking up the little teeth anymore either. I'm going out tomorrow with Florida West Scuba to the boneyard and see if my luck improves out there.

BTW, I went out on Sat. to Service Club and the viz was 2' and less most of the time. On top of that I dropped my bag of little teeth on the way in and couldn't find it!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom