Venice again - Wednesday 5/12!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Could I join you guys tomorrow morning? I'm new to the board here and have only been diving off Venice a few times and love it. Only my wife isn't so crazy about diving with me there!

Fossilhunter, c'mon down! Do you know how to get to the alhambra site?

Its north of Sharkys. If you take 75:

Head to Venice on I 75. Take exit 193 and head SW on Jacaranda. Turn right on Venice Ave. Stay on Venice Ave until after you’ve crossed the bridge to the downtown area. Turn left at the second light after the bridge (Harbor). Turn right at the 5th street (Alhambra). Park on the street as close to the dead end as possible. Be careful not to block the driveway to the condo.

If you take 41, when you come into Venice, turn Right on 41, go over the bridge, take the second light (Venice Ave), then Turn left at the second light after the bridge (Harbor). Turn right at the 5th street (Alhambra). Park on the street as close to the dead end as possible. Be careful not to block the driveway to the condo

I'll be there at around 9:00

Thanks for the directions. I have to get a couple of tanks. Anyone know of a dive shop that opens before 9 in the area? Florida West opens at 9 and I can't remember when Dolphin Dive opens in Sarasota. I'll be there by 9 if I can get tanks by then, otherwise by 9:30.

Can you please define "too early" to dive?? I can't seem to figure that one out!

I think it's just sour grapes. See you around 11:30

Sometimes one must make time to attend to personal business before the diving can occur. Today I am taking care of some personal finance issues that have been lingering because I need to go in person to a few places to let them feel my presence! Once I'm happy there I'll be heading up.

Cool except that it was very weathered and we were otherwise shut out.

My "new" place is difficult to find, but I'd rather find one meg than 100 small ones now.

We searched a little south when we should have gone north. So, next time I go I'm hoping for quite a haul. Next time I'll hit the honey-hole!

Does this sound like "gold fever"? It sure feels like it!

mpj
Posted at 85 mph on 595 headed home...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom