Venice 4/30/04 Friday Late Morning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I could meet you! I will be driving to SC. I think it would be more fun to go to Venice! Find a big one Mike!

Kewl... so far I'm a solo but watching the weather and expecting good things.

I'm staying close to Alhambra and will walk down the beach about 8 am (a little earlier than planned) BUT if anybody else is coming I can wait. PM me your cell & I'll do the same.
dive4funOften:
I could meet you! I will be driving to SC. I think it would be more fun to go to Venice! Find a big one Mike!

Found a cool room at the Best Western Sandbar Resort and if nobody tells me differently intend to dive from the beach up there... any ideas?

Also, I'll be heading in about 8 am and need to get back on the road about 1:00 pm. I'll be checking this board the last time on Thursday about noon or so...

Friday was one of those perfect days and I was happy to pull three megaladon teeth in a 1.5 hour dive. Water temperature was 78 and there wasn't even any surge.

Then I stopped Monday morning on my way home and couldn't find the spot again... shut out!

After finding megaladon teeth, has anybody else suffered from BIG TOOTH Syndrome? I define "BTS" when you just stop seeing the little teeth unless they're really good ones, as your eyes adjust to the 2" to 5" scale!

3??? I've only found 1 1/2 after twenty some dives there! Possibly the tip of another (I haven't identified it for sure).

That's cool, can you post some pics for me to drool over?

MikeJacobs:
Friday was one of those perfect days and I was happy to pull three megaladon teeth in a 1.5 hour dive. Water temperature was 78 and there wasn't even any surge.

Then I stopped Monday morning on my way home and couldn't find the spot again... shut out!

After finding megaladon teeth, has anybody else suffered from BIG TOOTH Syndrome? I define "BTS" when you just stop seeing the little teeth unless they're really good ones, as your eyes adjust to the 2" to 5" scale!
Where's the pics. :wink:
Glad you had a good day. We did to on Sat. No teeth just diving in Bradenton. Nothing special just nice relaxing dives with friends.
Maybe some day we'll dive together. I still want to do the kayak thing in Venice too.
Fred

Speak for yourself, Fred :D. I did end up doing Venice, vis was the same, found about 60 teeth in 40 minutes, one possible meg (1" of tip) and a fresh, crisp $20.

uuh, Mike, if you lost $20, I'm just kidding about finding it.

<coughcough> I feel sick... <cough> sick of work <cough> have to go somewhere else and dive to get rid of sick <coughcough> feeling....

OK, I didn't think we were counting tips lol... maybe we could share your tip and my base and we'd have a whole tooth!

I'll get the pics up, but I gave one away while in Tampa - I love to watch little kids get excited about them, and this one disappeared with it for hours to do her research so I couldn't very well take it back.

I think I may have found a "remote" spot. It's quite a bit north of where we usually dive, and when I tried to find it Monday morning I couldn't - just burned a whole tank on SAND, so it's surrounded by sand!!! It must have been a large patch tho because on Friday I moved around a lot and never suspected it had its limits. I found the Megs in pretty much the same place, all sitting on top of jumbled clay.

If we go, who's up for a week-day next week?

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom