Vendor recommendations for Rx masks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seavenger (search on amazon)

I recently did SeaVision. Great job, excellent turn around, mask seems to fit well (only a pool dive at this point) but be advised.....I did bifocals due to age and short arm syndrome...... when I received the mask I was really disappointed. I could not see anything in my living room. They were very nice when I called to inform them they screwed up. They politely informed me it would be fine under water, just like it says in their email, AND THEY WERE RIGHT.
So when you try on your prescription mask above water it will not look right but it will be fine under water. Man I hate it when I don't read the instructions and look like an idiot.

What’s your RX? Seavision has limits on what they do. PDM do not.

Two of the Seavision standard masks will make you look like Mr Magoo. The third is OK. Go look online. Find a LDS that stocks them and try them on. Same price as ordering directly.

Update: I went with Prescription Dive Masks in La Mesa. I shipped them the mask, it arrived on January 2, and they had it completed and sent back with 2-Day Shipping in time for it to have arrived today.

The lenses they bonded into my mask are perfectly positioned, the Rx is perfect, and the quality of workmanship looks great. I'm happy to recommend their service and will be excited to take it diving next week.

(I also suspect that I will be kicking myself for not doing this sooner.)

Back
Top Bottom