Vehicle Recovery 1-20-05 Blanco River

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice report and pics. A bit off subject. Were y'all ever able to locate the girl that was swept away on the low river crossing on Post Rd. I never see the helicopters searching anymore.

Jay_SMART_Diver:
Dove the Blanco river near Wimberly for a vehicle recovery Saturday. Car was in about 8 feet of water upside down, water temp 58 degrees and air temp was low 70's. Here's a link for the log and Pictures: http://www.smartdivers.com/2005.html

Thanks for sharing the link,,,,were 'you' not chilly without a beanie or hood????

Nice report and pics. A bit off subject. Were y'all ever able to locate the girl that was swept away on the low river crossing on Post Rd. I never see the helicopters searching anymore.
There has been no signs of the girl, we had a forceful showing of search teams for the first few days and even put divers in the water on the first evening with no luck (sorry the website is not as up to date as it should be, issues with the guy who maintains the server/updates) We have done occasional dog searches in the area since the accident with no signs, there has also been no reports of finding her downstream either.

Thanks for sharing the link,,,,were 'you' not chilly without a beanie or hood????
It was a little chilly at the end of the dives but I was mostly ok with a 2 piece 3mm, besides it was FUN!!

Jay_SMART_Diver:
Dove the Blanco river near Wimberly for a vehicle recovery Saturday. Car was in about 8 feet of water upside down, water temp 58 degrees and air temp was low 70's. Here's a link for the log and Pictures: http://www.smartdivers.com/2005.html

That must of been a important vehicle. Rumor has it a member of the Houston Police dive team was up there when that was going on.

Dave :eyebrow:

That must of been a important vehicle. Rumor has it a member of the Houston Police dive team was up there when that was going on.
Saw the TV news article on the recovery. It looked like you had pretty good viz for the recovery.
We mainly used the operation as training, using the IR UW camera and Lift Bags, the vis was good until we started righting the vehicle and towing it to the opposite shore. There was a member of HPD's team there but didn't have anything to do with the vehicle. Mainly the removal was for enviornmental purposes.

parrotheaddiver:

No, she has never been found. Our experience in the past with flash flooding victims indicates she will be found seval miles down stream if at all.

Back
Top Bottom