Vegas and Lake Mead

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

goonsquad

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'm planning on going to Vegas during the xmas-new year week and I would like to dive lake mead. Can anyone give me some good ideas on what the conditions will be, vis, temp, water level. Also, I understand there are a lot of things to see but mostly by boat only, can anyone give me a recommendation on a dive charter? From my research there are about three different groups but none of them seem to be any better than another.

Thanks!

I'm planning on going to Vegas during the xmas-new year week and I would like to dive lake mead. Can anyone give me some good ideas on what the conditions will be, vis, temp, water level. Also, I understand there are a lot of things to see but mostly by boat only, can anyone give me a recommendation on a dive charter? From my research there are about three different groups but none of them seem to be any better than another.

Thanks!

sorry I am slow, I have not been on this board lately. Lake mead is great diving as far as lakes can go. there is a lot of deep stuff to see, and with the drought there is getting to me more for us recreational types :eyebrow: I dove it in November, and although year to year things change, our temp was in the mid fifties to low sixties, you will want at least a full 7mil and I like a hood. visibility was 20+ ft. I dove a little dive park near Hoover dam, I cant remember what it was for sure or how to get there even. A shop I have had a little to do with and really like is Neptune Divers, AAI-Neptune Divers Las Vegas SCUBA Center phone number is 1-702-452-5723 Steve is a great guy and will be happy to help you with anything you need to know.
Tell him Clay from Idaho said hello:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom