VDH wings in stock!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ghost95

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Well, Bryan said they'd be in stock today and they were. 23 and 35lb wings both available. I ordered a 35 and i think there were like 18 left of each.

If you've been wanting one they're here. Glad I waited and was able to go with the VDH wing. Can't wait to try it. I'll let you know how it works out.

Safe diving all.

Can anyone here compare (from hands on experience) the VDH 35lb wing with the DGX 30? I have the VDH 23 and I am happy with it, but my buddy needs a bit more lift. Of course the DGX is cheaper, I'm wondering if the VDH 35 is flappier / bulkier in the water? How about the build quality? Is the DGX as good?

I vaguely remember @tbone1004 doing a review of a VDH wing, not sure which size, and maybe some comparisons to other wings. Couldn’t find it so might be completely wrong.
Anyway, he’s usually a good source for VDH information.

Erik

I’ve been using the VDH 35 since they first came out, mine has a fresh water lift of 43 lbs, it has been great but can’t compare directly with the DGX since buying it I disposed of my other wings.

Here's the review they're talking about...

I went back and read the descriptions again, and it looks like the VDH wings are using heavier duty materials than the DGX ones (1680 denier outer vs 1000 denier outer, 400 denier inner vs 200 denier inner). While numbers are not everything, that mostly answers my question about relative durability.

i have used a vdh 35 for years as a single tank wing and it is marvelous. VDH has a size comparison on their website of the 18-23 & 35 lb wings, they are not much different.

I vaguely remember @tbone1004 doing a review of a VDH wing, not sure which size, and maybe some comparisons to other wings. Couldn’t find it so might be completely wrong.
Anyway, he’s usually a good source for VDH information.

Erik

VDH 30 I think on my review but have never dive the DGX version so unfortunately can't compare.... Very happy with the VDH wing though

I pulled the trigger on a VDH 35. Now to find suitable backplate for my 5' 4" buddy.
If you want to go dirt cheap DIY, I can send you the pattern I used to cut plates from a $5 cutting board. My kids (16 and 12) are still using them, I only switch because I got a VDH plate.

Respectfully,

James

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom