VDH 18# wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use the Mares XR 10L and like it.

Its like trying to find a unicorn.
Yeah, I think I'm going to end up with the DGX 30. Tough to beat.

Yes I am familiar with these but the price tag is not very wallet friendly.

Yeah I was actually thinking it was one of the shops in Taiwan but always hard to tell. I was just hoping/ wondering if there was any other alternatives other than the Oxycheq or the Apeks 18# (I was not a big fan of this wing, the center is super stiff and not travel friendly) I love of the VDH one you can just roll up into a ball the size of a small shoe box.

Also yes I have looked in person at the Tecline 10 and it too like the Apeks wing is fairly larger than the VDH.
Oxycheq 18 is the closest you will find. They do go on sale occasionally, (around the holidays). They are very high quality and have a small footprint when diving. I love mine! Buy once cry once.

…or anyone else selling an inexpensive 18 to 24 donut. (Aware of the DGX 30, but don’t need that much.)
If you're in Europe I'd look at the Agir 28. I saw one on a trip recently and it looked very compact. Of course I don't know if EUR311 counts as cheap.

EDIT: Looking at the website [1] it looks like it might need an STA, which is a bit of a bummer from my point of view, but ymmv.

[1]: Blackbird 28 lbs single cylinder donut (360°) wing

I do not find the Oxy 18 and the VDH 18 or 22 to be all that similar. I have all three. And while different, I find I like all three for different reasons. Here, since the VDH wings are gone forever, this package for example:

The Oxy Mach V design wings are longer in the bottom section and are not internally bungeed and at least the older ones have a poly bag instead of a denier bag. I think the Oxy is a tougher wing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom