VDH 18# wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GF99/99

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi All,

Back in August I placed an order for another 18# VDH Argonaut wing but due to Bryan‘s passing I never received the order. I still would love to get one of these wings does anyone know where he was getting these from?

Cheers,

Danny

Oxycheq wings were very similar to the VDH wings. Same shape, just small details appear to be different.

Hi All,

Back in August I placed an order for another 18# VDH Argonaut wing but due to Bryan‘s passing I never received the order. I still would love to get one of these wings does anyone know where he was getting these from?

Cheers,

Danny
I’d speculate the shop in NY that makes many of the wings and counterlungs that other brands then sell, but I don’t think they’re in the business of letting you buy direct. As @Manatee Diver said above, the Mach V #18 is probably your closest match.

Oxycheq wings were very similar to the VDH wings. Same shape, just small details appear to be different.

Yes I am familiar with these but the price tag is not very wallet friendly.
I’d speculate the shop in NY that makes many of the wings and counterlungs that other brands then sell, but I don’t think they’re in the business of letting you buy direct. As Shawn said above, the Mach V #18 probably your closest match.

Yeah I was actually thinking it was one of the shops in Taiwan but always hard to tell. I was just hoping/ wondering if there was any other alternatives other than the Oxycheq or the Apeks 18# (I was not a big fan of this wing, the center is super stiff and not travel friendly) I love of the VDH one you can just roll up into a ball the size of a small shoe box.

Also yes I have looked in person at the Tecline 10 and it too like the Apeks wing is fairly larger than the VDH.

Yes I am familiar with these but the price tag is not very wallet friendly.

Yeah I was actually thinking it was one of the shops in Taiwan but always hard to tell. I was just hoping/ wondering if there was any other alternatives other than the Oxycheq or the Apeks 18# (I was not a big fan of this wing, the center is super stiff and not travel friendly) I love of the VDH one you can just roll up into a ball the size of a small shoe box.

Also yes I have looked in person at the Tecline 10 and it too like the Apeks wing is fairly larger than the VDH.
Look for a used Deep6 #20?

I’d speculate the shop in NY that makes many of the wings and counterlungs that other brands then sell, but I don’t think they’re in the business of letting you buy direct. As @Manatee Diver said above, the Mach V #18 is probably your closest match.
My impression (from email discussions with Bryan about shipping) was that the wings were made in California somewhere. That doesn't take away from your point about disinterest in direct sales, of course.

My impression (from email discussions with Bryan about shipping) was that the wings were made in California somewhere. That doesn't take away from your point about disinterest in direct sales, of course.
If it’s them (and again speculation as I’m only familiar with one mfg our there), they are pretty bombproof with a few friends having had counterlungs made by them. Agree w the direct selling point. I’ll see if I can dig up their contact info.

If it’s them (and again speculation as I’m only familiar with one mfg our there), they are pretty bombproof with a few friends having had counterlungs made by them. Agree w the direct selling point. I’ll see if I can dig up their contact info.

Digging up a really old post.

Just seeing if anyone had any leads one where I might be able to track down this manufacture. Also I would not mind having some counter lungs made as well for a home build.

Cheers

Digging up a really old post.

Just seeing if anyone had any leads one where I might be able to track down this manufacture.
…or anyone else selling an inexpensive 18 to 24 donut. (Aware of the DGX 30, but don’t need that much.)

…or anyone else selling an inexpensive 18 to 24 donut. (Aware of the DGX 30, but don’t need that much.)

Its like trying to find a unicorn.

I have an Apeks 18 and do not like it, much bigger than the VDH 18 and is very tall. I also looked at the tecline 10 in person and its fairly large too. If you did not read the number on it you would think is a 30# wing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom