VDH BP/W package review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

me too, but it would have to have the lower slots in it like I put in my aluminum one....

Here's one that I made out of stainless, I've actually made 2 stainless and 2 Delrin.
016_crop.jpg

You can always add weights to an aluminum plate. But, you can not remove weight from a SS plate for traveling.

Just put a 2 pound weights on each side of the waist belt and you will have the same weight as a SS plate. I have XS Scuba weight pockets on the waist belt, next to the plate.

You can even adjust your trim better than with the fix weight of a SS plate by moving the 4 pounds up to either back band, or you can get creative... This is not rocket science. :)

exactly how I dive it.... (but one can still wish, can't they?)

exactly how I dive it.... (but one can still wish, can't they?)

Same here, it’s wicked easy to add weight here and there but it doesn’t stop me from lusting after a stainless plate....

While it’s easy to add weights it’s easier to not add weights.

Will a VDH 18# wing fit a Hollis SS backplate?
Probably; but why would you buy a plate designed for double tanks, use a single tank wing, and a single tank when there is a plate (VHD plate or Freedom Plate) designed for single tank diving? Admittedly I only have about a dozen dives using a doubles plate with a single tank setup, but it was enough to convince me to get a plate (I have a few actually) designed for the type of diving I do most.

Probably; but why would you buy a plate designed for double tanks, use a single tank wing, and a single tank when there is a plate (VHD plate or Freedom Plate) designed for single tank diving? Admittedly I only have about a dozen dives using a doubles plate with a single tank setup, but it was enough to convince me to get a plate (I have a few actually) designed for the type of diving I do most.

What other plates better designed for single tank diving other then the freedom plate that is SS?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom