Vancouver Vis Condition

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ya the viz was great at whytecliff, above the water not so great. People were backing into poles.:rofl3:

That is a cheap shot Ron, low, cold, inconsiderate, mean, unsympathetic, disourteous, impolite, indelicate, rude, thoughtless, tactless, unkind and whatever other words I can think of. I mean, that hit me right in the back end, no pun intended.:no: :D :rofl3:

I did get most of the dent out though, it will do. Can I borrow you truck? Pleeeeease :crafty:

March 29, Kelvin Grove, vis was good, about 40' and I found a dive light in the shallows.

porteau cove - vis about 20' (not ") deeper you went, the better it got

porteau cove - vis about 20' (not ") deeper you went, the better it got

Great dives today at Porteau.

Just a note, the pay parking machine is now working again and they appear to be ticketing with a vengeance. Also, the shower is back on and the lower bathrooms are open. Yay, it must be spring!!!!!!

Great dives today at Porteau.

Just a note, the pay parking machine is now working again and they appear to be ticketing with a vengeance. Also, the shower is back on and the lower bathrooms are open. Yay, it must be spring!!!!!!

Nice dives on the weekend Sintax! Ran into the parking guy after our dive while he was writing me a warning ticket. He suggested getting a BC Parks Parking Pass for $25 at any visitor booth or online (bcparks.ca) which covers you for parking at any BC Parks for a year from the date of purchase. Think I'll pick one up today...

Danger here! When I got a ticket a while back, I paid at Lion's bay city hall. I asked about a year pass and they said that they did not have one.

Before you buy or use this pass here I would look further into it as I do not see Kelvin Grove or Lion's bay on the list. This guy may have been mistaken. We need to cofirm whether or not this is provincial parking or residential parking. If it is provincial they are overcharging as the web site says

"There is a day-use vehicle parking fee of $1.00/vehicle/ per hour to a maximum of $3.00/vehicle/day (including all taxes)"

Kelvin charges $8 for parking.

Kelvin isn't a provincial park they can charge what ever they want. Porteau is a provincial park the parking pass would be good for there and any other provincial park.

Danger here! When I got a ticket a while back, I paid at Lion's bay city hall. I asked about a year pass and they said that they did not have one.

Before you buy or use this pass here I would look further into it as I do not see Kelvin Grove or Lion's bay on the list. This guy may have been mistaken. We need to cofirm whether or not this is provincial parking or residential parking. If it is provincial they are overcharging as the web site says

"There is a day-use vehicle parking fee of $1.00/vehicle/ per hour to a maximum of $3.00/vehicle/day (including all taxes)"

Kelvin charges $8 for parking.

Unfortunately Kelvin Grove isn't a provincial park so it would not be covered by this pass but since I go to porteau and other parks on a regular basis this pass is a good deal for me :D It is also non vehicle or person specific so you can bring it along when you're out with friends or lend it to your buddy if you get stuck at home with a cold...

Whytecliff vis - 5', the bad vis is back..

we're hitting the cut tonight if anyone is interested.

Whytecliff Saturday... Worst vis ever, maybe a foot.

it was funny, we went down.. nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, FLOOR.

it barely started to clear at around 50, probably 1.5'

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom