Valve & Tank confusions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So I was gifted a 15 liter steel tank, problem is it came with a leaking valve. I have worked out its markings note M25 3/4nps and its to EN144.
Post photos of the tank markings. There is no "M25 3/4nps".

Thanks everyone, Ill have to get pics of the markings and post them once home. The tank has been a pain since the beginning and unfortuantly the original seller left the country so cant even moan at him for it. I do have a feeling this is a lesson learned situation and can see this particular tank being scrapped. Ill get the photos of the markings but they are not overly clear.

So what you are trying to say is someone threaded in a 3/4 SNPT thread into a metric thread.. ???? Haven't looked at a chart yet, but both threads should be similar sizes...
but yes this is very bad if the wrong valve thread is in the wrong tank thread..

Question for the OP, where was it leaking?
At the tank to valve connection?
When you thread in the valve a few turns is there up and down play? And side to side?
Maybe send a picture of the internal threads....

It is possible that the valve has the right thread...
But I would want to measure both halfs with a vernier caliper and a pitch gauge...
Leaks from the main outlet, I asked the shops here and they were unable to rebuild the valve, but something I may have a look in to as well.

Thanks everyone, Ill have to get pics of the markings and post them once home. The tank has been a pain since the beginning and unfortuantly the original seller left the country so cant even moan at him for it. I do have a feeling this is a lesson learned situation and can see this particular tank being scrapped. Ill get the photos of the markings but they are not overly clear.
Tank 3/4 , valve M25:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-07-31 at 11-03-19 Robinets.qx6 - uc8.4_revision_robinets.pdf.png
    Screenshot 2022-07-31 at 11-03-19 Robinets.qx6 - uc8.4_revision_robinets.pdf.png
    162.3 KB · Views: 54
Thanks everyone for your help, managed to contact an experienced person in these things who noted the tank and valve were M25. So will order a new valve. Much appreciated

Back
Top Bottom