V-Planner

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rawls

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I need some help guys...I am trying to install my v-planner program on my laptop. I have it on my desktop computer, ie, I installed it on my desktop computer and paid for it over a year ago. I sent an email to support awhile back and it sent my existing code and said to click on the link and save it to hard drive...which I did. Then it said to start the program??? The only thing I could think of doing is downloading the program on the laptop. That's the only way I could start the program from my laptop. After starting the program it said to bring up the registration screen. Then it instructed me to enter name and key details and press save. I have been around and around and tried everything and evidently am not understanding the instructions.
After I downloaded the program I opened it and somehow...I don't know how... found the registration area. Finally...I thought I had what I needed, so I typed in my key numbers...the existing ones I have when I first purchased the program (the one without the dashes if I am using the wrong terminology) and it said they didn't match. Then I found out the program had listed a different code (the one with the dashes). It sent me an email...now with the other code. So now I have 2 codes. That concerns me because I feel that now having 2 codes, it will screw things up. UGH!!!
So...can anyone help and tell me what I am doing wrong and how to get the program running on my laptop...without having to pay for it again. I know I don't have to. Any help will be greatly appreciated....

V-planner uses your MAC address (nothing to do with Apple computers) to generate keys. That's a hardware-specific number.

Any given key will only work on one computer (or, rather, a computer with one specific network card).

You gotta have both.

Like blackwood said...1 license key/installation so for a new computer, you need the new code...I think you get something like 3 keys/registration though I´m not sure as I´ve never needed all of them...

I just had an issue myself. The one with the dashes is the install code(16 digits) the one without the dashes is the key code(20 digits) your email should have noted the user(probably yourself) when you click on save details it will come up with three different options, take the option that says find via internet(recommended) that did it for me. Hope this works.

Joe

Each computer (hardware) needs a new registration key -

See the support page:

Extra install / Re-Install / new keys for registered users.

Each program install has a unique install code, and you are allowed 4 key sets per year (2 for the Pocket PC) to install a copy to a laptop, work computer, or system replacements. Keys do not expire, but can be replaced as required at 4 sets per 12 month period. Keys cannot be transferred to another machine or person.

V-Planner has an inbuilt registration update system (needs net connection), or you may generate new keys for each new install manually here (free for registered users): new codes and keys

The install code originates from the hardware in your computer system. The additional keys also allow for to upgrades / repairs / replacements of the components in your computer. Note that updates to the V-Planner program do not require new keys - your existing registration will prevail. However, major changes to the components or BIOS of your computer, will change it's identity, and require a new code and key set.

Click on that link!

Jackie

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom