Uwatec smart pro battery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

After lots of hacking (mostly by trial and error) around the Uwatec Smart communication protocol, I discovered how to reset the battery indicator to 99%. Needs some long term testing now, to see if the indicated value drops properly with time.

If all goes well, I'll probably release a simple Windows app for resetting the battery indicator. I'm sure there are people out there who hate wrong numbers on display as much as I do. :)

After lots of hacking (mostly by trial and error) around the Uwatec Smart communication protocol, I discovered how to reset the battery indicator to 99%. Needs some long term testing now, to see if the indicated value drops properly with time.

If all goes well, I'll probably release a simple Windows app for resetting the battery indicator. I'm sure there are people out there who hate wrong numbers on display as much as I do. :)

I would be more interested in some protocol documentation or source code as there are some of us who do not run windoze...

Regardless, thanks for your efforts!

My Uwatec Smart Tec just began displaying the service symbol but it reads that it still has 69% battery. It look about 200 dives to get it to that so I would assume there would be plenty of life left in it. I have read some other posts on this issue but it was never clear to me whether or not the symbol being there was an actual issue.

Does it mean I actually don't know how much battery is left? From what I have read 200 dives to 69% sounds about right.

Hello, I want to replace the battery of mij smart Z with a rev B board,
I now that I should use parrafine oil for the refil
I order a new battery from a website.
I think that the reset points are next to the type number so I will try that.
Is there a special way te refil the computer bubble free
Does someone have the app to reset the battery level

I now that I should use parrafine oil for the refil
Keep in mind that there is lots of confusion, especially after international translation between paraffin (a.k.a. kerosene) and paraffin oil. Make sure you get something that smells more like wax than gasoline, or you risk damage to the rubber back and plastic and silicone internal components. Your local pharmacy will probably have the right stuff, however they will look at you funny for buying this laxative in volumes enough to fill a small bucket that giffenk mentioned. :D

Does someone have the app to reset the battery level
Yup. I wrote such an app a while ago, used it to reset my two computers, and then totally forgot about releasing it after some long term tests. :wink:

Here you go: DeDragonSlayer's Uwatec Smart Battery Reset Tool (USBRT)

This is a very sloppy programming hack, tested only with my two dive computers (Smart Pro and Smart Z). Seems to work on both WinXP and WIN7 64bit. It *should* work with the rest of the Uwatec Smart line and other Windows versions.
Needs Irda of course, so if you can get SmartTrack communicating with your dive computer, then this app should work too. However, YMMV. It looks like the indicated battery percentage does slowly decrease after resetting it with USBRT, so I guess the program works.

I'm not really a developer, the last time I did some serious programming was back in college, so I'm not planning any future versions. What you see is what you get and it's free. The program itself is pretty much self explanatory. Run the app, click Connect to read some info, click Set Battery to 99%, and that's it.

Remember that this does not substitute proper device calibration that is probably done when the battery is replaced by ScubaPro.

Have fun!

Giffenk is rigth. The method he suggests is the only one that will effectively prevent bubbles to creeping into your computer. Having said that, using mineral oil aka tranformer oil, instead of paraffin, also helps a lot in preventing bubble formation. It´s less viscous than paraffin and has excellent insulating properties.

I Replaced the battery.
I Tried to reset the computer but it does worked yet.
I tried the way like the video showed. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7Vq3940VsM.
my board seemed to be simular but pointing the 2 and 3 pin as shown did not worked.
I have a picture of my board but I don't know how to get it in this message

thnks for the program. Now first reset the computer.
can some help me with the pins.
Z

Do you have the wrench symbol displayed?
If so, you can try grounding directly to the reset pin on the microcontroller.
Just make sure you don't touch any other pins.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom