Uwatec Smart Com Question?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

langforg

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I just had a quick question about how to erase dives off my new smart com. I just bought it new from the LDS and it had seven (test?) dives stored. Is it possible to erase them either on the computer itself or with SmartTrak? I would like to start recording my dives at dive #1 instead of dive #8. Thanks for any help.

Brad

My Uwatec Air Z had the same thing when I first got it, as did my wifes Smart Com.

AFAIK you can't delete the test dives in the unit itself. We don't use SmartTrak or memo mouse so I can't tell you if they'll allow you to. We never really worried about the test dives showing- Just think of the rollover point as a goal. Get out and dive it.

Daz

You can delete them in the software program but not in the computer itself. Not a big deal, just dive :)

It is my understanding that you cannot delete them.

On the other hand if you start downloading them with Smart Track you can delete them in Smart Track, and when you download, only "download new dives". So I only have MY dives in smart Track and down load the new ones. Once you start to fill up the Smart Com they are less obtrusive.

Bob in CO w/ smart track

I have a Smart Z.... And yup...it has several test logged as well.... but just ignore those, the comp works fine....

Thanks for all the responses. I will just leave them then and only upload my new dives to SmartTrak. I didn't know this was an option as I haven't really played with it yet.

You can delete the dives and renumber the dives when you transfer to your PC

I just had a quick question about how to erase dives off my new smart com. I just bought it new from the LDS and it had seven (test?) dives stored. Is it possible to erase them either on the computer itself or with SmartTrak? I would like to start recording my dives at dive #1 instead of dive #8. Thanks for any help.

Brad

From the Department of Redundancy Department :cool::

You can delete them in SmartTrak, so your dives will start with #1. They'll automatically scroll off the end of the computer as you fill it up, although that will take some time because the computer has quite a bit of memory.

The "Delete" feature is nice, since if you do any pool work, you'll tend to accumulate a lot of 12' "dives".

Terry

Back
Top Bottom