Uwatec Smart Com O Rings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike Newman

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Can anyone advise me on a source of replacement O Rings for the Quick Disconnect on the Uwatec Smart Com Computer?

It's badly designed and I've previously had to have the rings in the HP end replaced. Now I have a feathered ring in the Console itself and it's proving hard to find the correct size in my well-equipped LDS. All the comparable O Rings seem to be too narrow internally or too fat in the ring itself.

Anybody done this? - can recommend a source - or accurately identify the size required.

It seems to be about 7mm outside diameter x 4mm internal and 1.5mm ring width.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

The easiest thing to do is bring it to a o-ring manufacturer/store and get them to give you the right one.

Thank you Gary - that sounds very sensible, but I haven't seen a lot of them around. Any ideas how to go about identifying one?

Mike Newman:
Thank you Gary - that sounds very sensible, but I haven't seen a lot of them around. Any ideas how to go about identifying one?

Look for a shop that handles industrial hydralics and pneumatics. It won't be in a mall. it'll be some poorly marked shop in an industrial park. They'll be pickup trucks with workbeds out front and they'll only be open 8-5:30 m-f.
:wink:

you might also try a REALLY well equiped plumbing/hardware store that caters to the trades (Not Lowes/Depot)

If it'll be exposed to nitrox, you should try and get viton based.

If you know the size, google has all kinds of online oring places.

Thanks Red - that's narrowing the field down. I've had a good look at online sources, but I'm uncertain of the accuracy of my measurements. It's a pretty small item and fit is crucial.

I appreciate your response - I'll give the Yellow Pages and online directories a hit for hydraulics / pneumatics. Have a good weekend!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom