UW tripod

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yet another very good application for a tripod is super macro of stationary subjects, the addition of a focusing rail would also be required. May give it a try in the future

cdiver2:
Bob I agree with fdog take no notice of the nay sayers if a person do's not understand photography then they would not understand what you are trying to achieve with it.
Just my 2c

Ok, maybe I don't understand underwater photography that much given that I am a beginner, but I have a pretty damn good understanding of other photography....

I just fail to understand how a tripod can keep something that is effectively neutrally bouyant still for 10 seconds, without having to significantly weight the tripod down, especially if there is anything like a moderate surge.

Sorryl, maybe I was a bit hasty, seeing as though others use them successfully.

Thanks for everyones input. Looks like I'd buy a cheapy as the water dampning effect would remove any vibration problems a cheap tripod would have on land.

I just fail to understand how a tripod can keep something that is effectively neutrally bouyant still for 10 seconds, without having to significantly weight the tripod down, especially if there is anything like a moderate surge.
I'll be clipping a 2K lumpy to the centre of the tripod to stop it drifting off!

I do have an old Benbo trecker that would be great to use (the legs move independantly) but i love it to much to let the evil salt get to it!

Thanks again for all the input
BOB

Sorry forgot to mention the weight factor, in most cases my rigs are negatively buoyant but just like I do on land adding a weight suspended under the tripod from the center post will stabilize it with out coming in contact with the reef. Also like on land, there will be times when using a tripod is not an option

Chris

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom