• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

UW Photography Kit and Dive Gear Insurance

Discussion in 'Dive Insurance' started by Jasmine Corbett, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Jasmine Corbett

Jasmine Corbett Angel Fish

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    Hello everyone!

I am looking for some advice concerning insurance of UW camera equipment and dive gear... I have always struggled to find an insurance claim that will cover the full value of my kit (which including camera, housing, strobes, domes, full dive set etc etc adds up to a lot!)

Now my main problem is I haven't lived in my home country for over a year now. I live in the Maldives and I am insured on the island I live on, but want to take out a policy that covers travelling within the Maldives for 2 months. Most of the suitable policies I've found won't cover me if I am already travelling...can anyone recommend any good companies to go for that have high value gadget cover and will insure you if you are already travelling?

I already have the DAN Pro Silver policy for dive activities but want to find something specific for my gadgets.

Thanks in advance!