UW metal detector needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cyklon_300

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone in Austin know where I can get one to use this week?

A friend has lost a valuable item and the salvage team needs a detector for a few hours.

While I don't think this will be some direct help for your recovery team this week(end), I will let the other folks who stop by this thread know that if they are interested in UW Metal Detectors, Calvin Wilscher out at Athens Scuba Park is one very knowledgeable source on such things.

Calvin is a major treasure hunter both in water and on land. So if you have need for info on such things, he's a good person to go see.

Check http://www.AthensScubaPark.com for his contact info.

Don't have a detector but might be able to get a few extra pair of eyes in the water for you for an old fashioned search.

C

I'll let the team leader know you're interested...she hasn't finalized a time/date for the recovery ops...

The team will transit to the search site via boat, also this will probably be in 5' of low-to-no-vis water. Not exactly an exciting dive profile.

I'll PM you with details if you'd like...

There is a fellow in Kerrville who specializes in metal detectors and is also a dive instructor. This guy goes to competition events and uses the most sophisticated detectors. He has been diving here at Windy Point before and used his detector to locate an item for me. His name is George and he runs Guadupe Hobby /SCUBA. He rents as well as sells and services. You never know, he might be coming to camp here this weekend. Send him an email at guadalupehobby@aol.com

good luck
Richard

It is a weird world. George is here diving at Windy Point today. He has two U/W detectors with him. He is teaching two classes so I expect he will be here most of the day. Of course it may not meet your time schedule. Call me at Windy Point Park, or email me using the link below, if you want me to put you in touch.

Richard
richard@windypointpark.com

For some unknown reason, the team leader is MIA today. She's missing a good opportunity for the detector...

If she reappears, I'll pass on your contact info...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom