UW Laser Pointer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@Diver294: Do you have a mustache?

Don't waste your money... you can't see them at all in the day time,and the point is so small that it is hard to find even at night! I have one for my wife, and one for myself. Biggest waste of money I ever spent. It seemed like a good idea at the time.
It is good for giving the cats a workout at home though. You can run them ragged from the comfort of your favorite armchair.

Why do people use lasers underwater to point out critters. Topside you can get arrested for pointing them at aircraft, cars, etc. Don't people realize that lasers can damage critters underwater as well, especially if they fall on the retinas? Or don't they care?

Really old thread, this. Never been interested in laser pointers myself. Finger works fine. Here, pull it and you'll see....

Laser Pointers I hate them above ground and I cant figure out why anyone would use one underwater. I don't know what kind of research has been done about the harm it can cause UW but it causes harm above water. I use an extending pointer much like the kind you find in an auto parts store.

When volunteering at our local aquarium I used a regular light with a red filter on it. Just enough light people could tell where I was pointing but not too much to scared off the critters.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom