Utila

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dianne m

Reaction score
We are planning a trip to utila next winter or early spring. Can anyone tell me who they dove with, who they stayed with, and water conditions?
Dianne

dianne m:
We are planning a trip to utila next winter or early spring. Can anyone tell me who they dove with, who they stayed with, and water conditions?
Dianne
That's a big question. For a big answer, try our Search feature above. You will get more opinions than you can read...

DandyDon:
That's a big question. For a big answer, try our Search feature above. You will get more opinions than you can read...

pretty short answer from someone who just came back from there!! :11:

Tavi:
pretty short answer from someone who just came back from there!! :11:
Well, my suggestion would give the lady a broad range of opinons, but I'll quote this from one of my other posts...
Deep Blue Resort was a wonderful host for our stay and the property is super by Bay Islands standards. Never a worry or a concern with our room, the dining & meeting parlor was a nice place for mingling, the staff & management always helpful, and the private boat dock was certainly convenient - especially since the crew handled our gear for us.

Diving with Deep Blue was certainly a treat, too. We were a little cozy as happens on any full dive boat, but while they put 4 Instructors on as DMs in addition to the skipper for only 19 divers - they were almost always on the bow and overhead looking for Whale Shark boils.

A few divers were not yet Nitrox certified but wanted to be so, and they cut them a great discount on that - doing their dives under Nitrox Instructor supervision all week. Any reasonable request was met with enthusiastic cooperation. I guess some people will grip about anything and anywhere, but the operation was super.
Some tourists may prefer staying in town for the local flavor, but I'd still suggest diving with Deep Blue, either way. :thumb:

You may want to check out Utila Dive Centre and the Mango Inn. www.mango-inn.com.

I spent a week at the Mango Inn and highly recommend them. Great food/drink, lush grounds and, I believe, the only swimming pool on the island. Very affordable.

Water: Calm, clear and warm. Great viz, many fish.

I dove with Utila Dive Center only so can't say anything about the other ten or eleven outfits on Utila but I spent time with divers that had nothing but good things to say about everyone down the line.

Try to get to see Pumpkin Hill for a diversion as well as Water Cay and if you find any treasure in the caves PM me right away! Ha!

Pirate Dave

dianne m:
Dianne

With regard to the water (and weather) conditions check out the Weather & Climate page on www.AboutUtila.com.

I will let others make recommendations about Scuba Diving Operators and Places to Stay, but for a detailed listing of Scuba Diving Operators, check out the AboutUtila.com Scuba Diving pages, ditto the Hotels & Accommodations pages.

Please note that I have yet to add in the information about the Utila Aggressor liveaboard which is due to start operations out of Utila in September 2005.

I hope this helps - Mark

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom