Utila weekly housing rentals -- suggestions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eab

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Greetings all!

We've got a group of seasoned divers, perhaps 6 or 8, headed to Utila in April 2006. Certainly there is plenty of info on dive shops here, but I'm looking for info on places to stay.

We would prefer to rent a house, rather than stay at a resort or in hotels. Has anyone done this and have either places we MUST rent or places we should stay away from? The internet has the info, but I'm looking for some hard and true "rent this one because" or "don't rent this one because", plus some info on the logistics of renting and getting to the pick up spots for diving.

Can anyone help?

Thanks tons!

Eileen

Thanks Steve. An impartial opinion is exactly what I'm looking for.

DeepBlueDivers:
Hi

I would suggest look at www.aboutuila.com i think they are listing rentals now if not contact the webmaster his name is Mark he is totally impartial and will give you great advice.

DeepBlueDivers:
Hi

I would suggest look at www.aboutuila.com i think they are listing rentals now if not contact the webmaster his name is Mark he is totally impartial and will give you great advice.

Steve should have posted the url as www.AboutUtila.com. I guess in his excitement he forgot how to spell Utila.
Details of accomodations in Utila can be found on the page www.aboututila.com/AccomInfo/Index.htm or you can just follow the relevent links from the www.aboututila.com home page.

You can also email me any specific questions at WebMaster@AboutUtila.com and I'll try and help as best I can. I live here in Utila, so the information I can provide is fairly accurate and up-to-date.

Regards
Mark Smith
WebMaster www.AboutUtila.com
Email: WebMaster@AboutUtila.com

Thanks for the spell check Mark! ;^)

I was hoping to get some feedback from folks who have rented in Utila. I'll give it a day or so more, and then I'll email you with some questions. Thanks for the offer.

Eileen

AboutUtila:
Steve should have posted the url as www.AboutUtila.com. I guess in his excitement he forgot how to spell Utila.
Details of accomodations in Utila can be found on the page www.aboututila.com/AccomInfo/Index.htm or you can just follow the relevent links from the www.aboututila.com home page.

You can also email me any specific questions at WebMaster@AboutUtila.com and I'll try and help as best I can. I live here in Utila, so the information I can provide is fairly accurate and up-to-date.

Regards
Mark Smith
WebMaster www.AboutUtila.com
Email: WebMaster@AboutUtila.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom