UTD's Regulator Repair & Field Service Class

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They are a certifying/training agency that also designs and sells branded gear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They originally wanted to do what TDI did and offer the HOG repair thru UTD, then they did their own regulator and viola, UTD Repair Clinic.

Chris,
Just FYI, if you click on the tab to purchase class materials, the first thing you see is a picture of a HOG regulator. Funny they are using your reg picture instead of their own.

---------- Post added June 20th, 2014 at 10:42 AM ----------

To satisfy my own curiosity I sent them a email to ask what regs one is then certified to do work for, and if the certification was recognized by the manufacturer. Also wanted to know who will sell me the service kits after I have completed the course. I do see pictures of HOG regs on the website, so I am curious if that is the brand they are teaching on. If so, not going to be much use to me since I am a HOG repair tech instructor.

This sounds similar to the Reg technician class put on by Halls Career institute in FL. Their website says you become a "Certified Repair Technician" in their class. But when I called them up and talked to the person on the phone they told me after many questions that the certification was through Halls, and not a Manufacturer Issued Certification. Because of that, you still need to go through the factory classes.

UPDATE:
So far my email to UTD was returned as undeliverable. My question posted under the certifying agency forum on here remains unanswered, and my phone call message remains unreturned.

They sell HOG regs, the online access is lifetime so you get access to any updates. I'm sorry they haven't gotten back to you yet. Which email did you use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is full contact info;
Unified Team Diving Worldwide
Worldwide Office:

Address:
11211 Sorrento Valley Rd.,
Suite I
San Diego, CA, 92121
USA
Phones:
+1 (855) DIVE UTD
+1 (855) 348-3883
+1 760-585-9676
+1 760-585-9681 (fax)
Email: info@unifiedteamdiving.com

Sometimes emails can sent to junk files immediately, especially hotmail accounts. Please resend or call and I hope someone gets back to you ASAP.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom