UTD Perfecto carbon fiber fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There's actually many. Cressi Gara, Seac Motus, Mako Freediver II, Mares Razor Pro - I'm sure there's others. The Seac and Mako are under $100USD and the Cressi is $150. Personally, I'd go with the Mako just because they are a good company to deal with.

I get the impression they're targeted at freedivers, as most are shown with a long blade installed. They're all fairly close in design but I'm not sure you could interchange blade brands (for example, cressi footpocket with seac blade)

Yeah but none of them are open heel so I wouldn't take them to e.g. Bonaire. The UTD ones look like they'll take a drysuit boot, too. I wouldn't be surprised if it's the only replaceable-blades fin in existence that can.

... paging Bob Evans ...

I would REALLY LOVE these fins - compact and light but technical. I'm very interested in the Force Fins too. But neither this one or Force Fins ever offer anything in size S! Is TAC the only one of this type with size S?

You can downsize a force fin medium with a comfort instep to make it fit like a small, or wear a bootie with a thicker sole.

However, because of the way they work, the fin flexes a lot more when bending the knee as compared to straightening the knee, so aren’t as “technical” for frog kicks.

I tried many fins in pool before I purchased the 1.5mm version of Perfecto fin, from the lightest Apeks RK3 to heaviest scubapro jet fin, with thick undergarment and drysuit, sidemount harness and AL80 cylinders. It's relatively a slight negative on bouy(I don't need fin's weight to balance my trim), great for all kicks and has a good gliding range. And the price at my location is not much different from other jet fins. although my Instructor prefers the 1mm version for better feedback, but he said no go with 0.7mm cause it lacks propulsion and still not cheap.

Back
Top Bottom