UTD Perfecto carbon fiber fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HeXx

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi!

As per in the title, any one has any feedback on those fins?
Frog kick, back kick?
Ate they negative, neutral or positive?

Cheers

Reactions: OTF
Def not neg.. I would be surprised to see anyone diving these but... Did AG ever release the freediving fin addon for these?

Def not neg.. I would be surprised to see anyone diving these but... Did AG ever release the freediving fin addon for these?
AG?
I just found this video (although probably biased) reviewing those fins and comparing, maybe someone more experienced could comment on that?

Owns the hardware side of UTD.
Andrew Georgitsis

...Ate they negative, neutral or positive?
From UTD Equipment Perfecto Fins | UTD Scuba Equipment:

Another advantage is for travel in that they only weigh 1.7lbs/0.8kgs and fit in a small backpack. They are neutral to negatively buoyant based on the thickness of the blade. O.7 been neutral and 1.5mm been 0.8lbs/0.35kg negative.

It appears you have to be cave trained to use them safely.

utdfins.jpg

They're far from the first fins like this (replaceable carbon fiber blades with a variety of choices). So I'm sure they work okay if you like that type of fin. I'm sure there must be a reason these type of fins aren't very popular.

From UTD Equipment:

Another advantage is for travel in that they only weigh 1.7lbs/0.8kgs and fit in a small backpack. They are neutral to negatively buoyant based on the thickness of the blade. O.7 been neutral and 1.5mm been 0.8lbs/0.35kg negative.

wow.. I would never have guessed neg? Thanks for the link

It appears you have to be cave trained to use them safely.

View attachment 704813

They're far from the first fins like this (replaceable carbon fiber blades with a variety of choices). So I'm sure they work okay if you like that type of fin. I'm sure there must be a reason these type of fins aren't very popular.
I really wonder why there isn't much feedback on those.
Any how, UTD isn't sold in Europe so that's a no for me.
I'm still on the fence tough if i should go for negative fins or neutral/positive fins...
Currently dive 7mm wetsuit, but plan on buying a drysuit in the near future.

Maybe there's 200 reasons. The only replaceable-blade open heel fins not priced to compete with FFs, that I was ever able to find, is Immersions -- and even that is only if you buy them in Spain.

Back
Top Bottom