Utah diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zankster

Registered
Reaction score
First post, but been a member of ScubaBoard for over ten years and diving for over 20. Most of my dives are here in Utah lakes, about 10 to 20 each year, but I just got back from diving Cozumel for a week. I'm wanting to extend my upcoming work trips around the country to include a day or two of diving before the work week begins. I'm excited to find out more about different dive locations.

Welcome from Nova Scotia. Have you heard of anyone diving the Great Salt Lake? I've swam there and wonder how much weight would be needed....

I would never dive the Great Salt Lake. It doesn't seem fun. I met someone that did a boat recovery in it and had to wear over 50 lbs of weights. It's also an average of 14 feet deep. My favorite is Fish Lake. It's cold and high altitude diving, but has great visibility and lots of fish.

I would never dive the Great Salt Lake. It doesn't seem fun. I met someone that did a boat recovery in it and had to wear over 50 lbs of weights. It's also an average of 14 feet deep. My favorite is Fish Lake. It's cold and high altitude diving, but has great visibility and lots of fish.
Thanks. I figured it would be something like that.

I dive Flaming Gorge, but would love to try other lakes. Fish Lake sounds like interesting. Just got a dry suit, so the cold won’t be a problem.

I dove sand hollow once. Viz was not too terrible. Had a largemouth bass follow me around like a lost puppy.

nice beach to surface on and cook out too.

I dive Flaming Gorge, but would love to try other lakes. Fish Lake sounds like interesting. Just got a dry suit, so the cold won’t be a problem.
I like diving Flaming Gorge. I want to do that one more. Fish Lake is usually around 54f, it's cold but a 7mm wetsuit works, I think I'm used to it. A dry suit would probably be much better.

I like diving Flaming Gorge. I want to do that one more. Fish Lake is usually around 54f, it's cold but a 7mm wetsuit works, I think I'm used to it. A dry suit would probably be much better.
I’ll DM you my number if you want to get together. I have a dive buddy that loves to go, but I’m nursing a back injury that’s probably going to keep me out of the water until late summer or Fall.

First post, but been a member of ScubaBoard for over ten years and diving for over 20. Most of my dives are here in Utah lakes, about 10 to 20 each year, but I just got back from diving Cozumel for a week. I'm wanting to extend my upcoming work trips around the country to include a day or two of diving before the work week begins. I'm excited to find out more about different dive locations.
Whalecome

Back
Top Bottom