USS Oriskany Update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SuPrBuGmAn:
I'm looking forward to the flight-deck and superstructure :) I don't think I'll be into any deco-diving by then, but who knows :) 5 minutes zooming across the flight deck and then circle around the superstructure on the way up :) Should be fun :D

Hey, Bug Man . . .
Maybe a bunch of us should rent scooters and take off from the flight deck in formation.

Wonder if ya still have to catch the #3 wire when ya land?

The Kraken:
Hey, Bug Man . . .
Maybe a bunch of us should rent scooters and take off from the flight deck in formation.

Wonder if ya still have to catch the #3 wire when ya land?

Bwahahahaa!

That would be hillarious :D Slow-mo take-off-n-landings by a bunch of underwater rocketeers!

SuPrBuGmAn:
Bwahahahaa!

That would be hillarious :D Slow-mo take-off-n-landings by a bunch of underwater rocketeers!

Yeah, but you could really impress the hot chicks at the bar by honestly telling them that you had made a takeoff and landing from a carrier deck.

Wonder what your "Wings of Gold" should look like ? ? ? ?

The Kraken:
Yeah, but you could really impress the hot chicks at the bar by honestly telling them that you had made a takeoff and landing from a carrier deck.

You'll definately have to head outside Pensacola to try that line... Using your status as a pilot as a pickup line probably won't get you much more than a "thanks" as they walk away with the drinks you just bought...

Gold-plated BP and black wings with gold piping?

*crrrrkt*(radio crackle) "Requesting permission for a fly-by"*crrrrkt*
*crrrk* "Negative ghostrider, the pattern is full"*crrrk*

SuPrBuGmAn:
Gold-plated BP and black wings with gold piping?

*crrrrkt*(radio crackle) "Requesting permission for a fly-by"*crrrrkt*
*crrrk* "Negative ghostrider, the pattern is full"*crrrk*

But.. But.. I only have 3 minutes left on this fuel cell and this seadoo isn't going to make it much futher boss..

Matt

i LIVE NEAR PENSACOLA . cOMING DOWN THE i 110 INTO DOWNTOWN, IT CAN BE SEEN FROM ONE OF THE DOWNTOWN EXITS . fROM A HT OVER ALL THE LOCAL BLDGS, YOU STILL CAN'T LOOK DOWN UPON THE DECK.

iT'S IMPRESSIVE FROM CLOSE UP. yOU AREN'T ALLOWED ON IT, BUT CAN PARK YOUR CAR ABOUT 50 YDS OFF THE STBD BOW.

i UNDERSTAND IT WILL BE MOVED AGAIN FOR AWHILE AS HURRICANE SEASON IS ALMOST UPON US. i JUST THIS WEEK HAD MY DAMAGED ROOF REPLACED. mk

Ease off the caps dude.

I thought they were gonna keep it in port during hurricane season and partially sink it to keep it 'in place'?

Well - It's still in the dock last I checked. Kinda hard to lose something that big.
As for the hurricane season, It's more likely to get hit by one WHILE moving it..
Better (and cheaper) to leave it in place.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom