Useful doodads

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can 't believe no one has mentioned decanter tops off oz. Grolsch bottles. They work great for the loop on reels so the line doesn't come back to the spool. Magnetic chess board for the long deco stops, when not diving alone.

Oddly enough, tic-tac-toe doesn't work well alone, but thanks for your very thought out input, Monsieur Pug

Hey Uncle Pug,
Is your language interpreter DIR?

Ha Ha

Originally posted by Divesherpa
Hey Uncle Pug,
Is your language interpreter DIR?

Ha Ha
Here are a few examples of DIR for languages other than English (spelling doesn't count)
"Una mas cerveza, por favor Senor."
"Ein Bier bitte"
"Una birra per favore Senore"
"Une biere, s'il vous plait."
These phrases have served me well.
Rick

I know a guy who built a "warm up tank" for cold water wetsuit diving.

He took an old, insulated soda cylinder and attached a kitchen sink "spray hose" to it.

He fills it with hot water and then pressurizes it with an auto tire inflator pump before going to the divesite.

Any time you're cold before/after going in the water, just grab the hose and squirt warm water into your wetsuit neck...

Also very usefull for rinsing the worst of the sand off at beach dives before putting the gear in the car for the trip home (if there's any water left).

We use something like that in Alaska. We took and old cylinder, put a coleman stove burner under the cylinder, and installed a wand from a pump sprayer. Light it when you get in, and voila, warm water when you get out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom