Used ScubaPro Tanks Bargain

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MuddyFox

Reaction score
I recently purchased four ScubaPro steel tanks. I believe they are high pressure, as the valve is the seven-thread DIN. However, they are rated to 3000psi which makes me wonder if they are HP or LP. I believe their volume is an odd figure like 71.5 cubic feet or something similar. They are in good condition, still in hydro, and I got them for $25 each.

My question is, are tanks like these worth holding onto someday for stage bottles? Are HP steels used for stages? I can't see myself really using them regularly, and figured I could turn a profit on them or use them as stages down the road...

I happen to own the same tanks you got for a steal. The tanks are like you said 71.5cuft with a 200 bar din valve. They are rated for 3000psi and retail in the US for about 265.00.

They are worth holding onto for stages if you are in a cold water environment and you may need extra weight for long deco hangs in open ocean, otherwise just use them for simple single tank dives and enjoy them as much as you can

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom