Used Scuba Gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I found 2 bc units 2 regs 2 pair of fins and a mask for $150. The equipment was this guys dads equipment but his dad is getting out of diving and told him to sell it. He said it is about 5 years old I don't have any brands yet but once I see the stuff I'm going to see if he lets me take it to my dive shop and let them check it out before I buy it.

b983309d78384bb5917b0020fce228de.jpg

I don't have brands yet but this is all the gear. Lets see what you can decipher from this. I just sent the seller a message asking for brands so hopefully he will get back to me in reasonable time.

Thanks so much for your help.

The roll around bag is worth the $150 asking for the
Whole lot. I'd buy it. Use the stuff that I liked and sell the rest and get my money back!

Sounds good Shotmaster. Once I get the stuff Ill beable to get more detailed pictures and then we can discuss more about what is good bad or in between.

Again thanks for your help.

b983309d78384bb5917b0020fce228de.jpg

I don't have brands yet but this is all the gear. Lets see what you can decipher from this. I just sent the seller a message asking for brands so hopefully he will get back to me in reasonable time.

Thanks so much for your help.

Center 2 yellow fins are Mares Avanti Quattro + fins - excellent fins for current/drift. I tihnk those are worth $130 new IIRC. I have them and really like them. It's a good deal for what it is bag and fins alone. Not sure what the fit will be like of the BC on you but either way you can sell that and at the very least still have nice bag and fins.

Ya im going to take the bc's and the regs to my dive shop and let their guys see if they are any good. Hopefully I like the fit and they work well. We will see.

I recognise some of it. The middle fins are Mares Quattros. Those are good fins. The other ones appear to be older avantiis as well but I'm not familiar with them. If the diver has replaced them with a newer set then there is probably a reason for that. I would assume that the older fins have a lot of wear on them.

The vest on the left is a Seaquest and the one on the right is a Scubapro. The seaquest BCD dates the stuff because the brand name isn't being used anymore. Seaquest is owned by Aqualung and I think they stopped using the Seaquest brand name in the mid 2000's. Someone else can give you an exact date So it's sure to be older than 5 years. I'm going to say at least 10. That doesn't need to be a problem. A BCD has a long life if it is maintained well.

I can't see what brand the regulators for sure from this picture but one of them looks like an older Sherwood and the other one I would guess is an older Scubapro. Nothing wrong with either of those brands but you'll have to get the seller to confirm that. The regs are configured for use on a twin set (double tanks). That means that you will be able to make 1 working fully equipped regulator from both of the sets you see there and you'll have 1/2 set over. So you're not buying 2 regs. You're buying 1-1/2 regs. In order to make 2 regs out of it, you'll need to buy an additional octopus and an additional SPG.

Nothing I see there gives me any alarm bells in terms of manufacturers or how it looks on the picture. Of course it will need to be examined carefully to see how much use it has had and to make an estimate of the initial outlay you will have for maintenance before you use it.

R..

Just picked up all the gear for $100 and I'm taking it to test it at the dive shop tomorrow. Hopefully it all goes well

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom