Used Regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My Kraken, 5 pounds and 3 ounces fully rigged and read to rock and roll.

You neanderthals.

N
I was at my LDS about 2 weeks ago and expressed an interest in learning more about vintage diving and specifically mentioned double hose. His reaction was a stunned speechless confusion followed by a "you are going to die" look and a stiff warning that nobody dives those anymore for a reason! Then he suggested a rebreather as an alternative.

At this point I decided to retreat and definitely do not plan to mention that I am learning to service my own regs! On the internet!

I was at my LDS about 2 weeks ago and expressed an interest in learning more about vintage diving and specifically mentioned double hose. His reaction was a stunned speechless confusion followed by a "you are going to die" look and a stiff warning that nobody dives those anymore for a reason! Then he suggested a rebreather as an alternative.

At this point I decided to retreat and definitely do not plan to mention that I am learning to service my own regs! On the internet!

I find it amusing to be told that I cannot use my Kraken or Phoenix. Then after the dive, back on the boat, they are all bragging about how much air they have left. On my last forced DM guided Key Largo nanny dive, they had like 800/1000 and the DM had 1200. I had 2000, when thye checked my spg, which they were doing despite locals claiming different about this nanny practice, their eyes got real big, pretty much shut them up. What a waste, air in my tank and green on my computer.

You will never get satisfaction or support much less any actual practical knowledge from any sort of LDS retail store.

N

Where are you in NC? I would be happy to put you in a double hose reg, either a new Kracken or an old school reg. I am in the Raleigh area.

Where are you in NC? I would be happy to put you in a double hose reg, either a new Kracken or an old school reg. I am in the Raleigh area.
Hi herman! Its Lisa in Randleman. I just ordered the MK 10 tool from you.

Edit: message sent

Last edited:
Fair warning, once you get started on doublehose regs, the money can really start disappearing. They are really fun to dive, very different than single hose regulators.

Back
Top Bottom