Used Regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't have any MK25s but if I come across any more DIN MK5s I'll let you know. As for the 109s, I'm sure I have at least 3 lying around. Make me an offer.
PM sent.

Oh! One more question. Can I use a "vintage" second with a modern MK25 first?

Of course you can.

I use Tekna/Oceanic/et all Mk V clone first stages with my SP109 seconds. The clones have DIN available and they may fit the SP first. But they are not exactly hanging from tree limbs either.

N

So after reading this thread http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/re...9-regulator-bad-signs-servicing-pointers.html it looks like buying a 109 can be hit or miss with the the poppet. And service kits.
So just got my first eBay win. Won't know till it arrives exactly what I have or what I need to get it working. May be back for help...

image.jpg

As for finding a DIN adapter, I started a thread about 8 years ago or more. I never got a single one. I called every big Scubapro dealer to see if the repair guys had one lying around in a box from a reg that bit the dust. No dice. Hens teeth are a dime a dozen compared to MK5 DIN converters.

Awap has a perfectly functional work-around for the MK5 DIN situation, he's been using it for years. Me....I use my MK10s for DIN and MK5s for yoke. But I've seen awap's MK5 DIN in action with a HP100 an it works fine. It involves the SP universal DIN retainer and a brass or SS spacer.

---------- Post added July 17th, 2015 at 05:39 PM ----------

So after reading this thread http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/re...9-regulator-bad-signs-servicing-pointers.html it looks like buying a 109 can be hit or miss with the the poppet. And service kits.

Really don't worry about it. If you have the old poppet, you have a one-time expense of $25 or so to get the duro poppet, then you can rebuild for pennies....literally a few pennies. If you want to convert it to balanced, you have a one-time expense of maybe $30-35 for the s-wing poppet and spring and either use a G250 rebuild kit for rebuilding or get the trident mushroom seats and a few o-rings. This is for a full metal case 2nd stage, which if it were made today and sold new at SP dealers, would be like the A700, almost $500. Worst case, you have an old lever that doesn't play nice with the new poppet and you either buy the current lever or a tool that herman made to adjust the feet on your current lever. Regardless, you'll get guidance from this forum and you'll end up way, way ahead in terms of regulator quality for the money.

You have to understand, those of us in the DIY world are mostly cheap and cranky, and if it costs us $50 to do something with these regs, we complain about it. $50 in a dive shop is chump change.....

Just convert to balanced configuration using the VDH service kits.

The only thing with the 109 that is a performance limiter is the smallish exhaust valve, only 25mm. But it is still a fine regulator.

James

My 109 arrived and looks pretty good. Disassembled and no cleaning done yet.

Before placing order I want to confirm that this is the kit I need to update...

Page not found - Vintage Double Hose

Thanks guys.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 177
Just got notice it's shipped. Plus a few other items of course. Rule number one. Never order just one thing, :D

Don't lose the spring and spring pad. You never can tell when you might want to convert back. It does look like a good one.

Back
Top Bottom