Used low pressure steel 105, worth it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

loady

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I only have aluminum 80s and know high capacity steel has big advantages. I want the extra air and negative buoyancy. I can get a LOW 2400 pressure steel 105 with fresh hydro and VIP for $175. Much cheaper then new or high pressure. My question, for the extra weight and girth and possibly being hard to resell, is the cost savings worth dealing with a steel Low pressure 105?

I only have aluminum 80s and know high capacity steel has big advantages. I want the extra air and negative buoyancy. I can get a LOW 2400 pressure steel 105 with fresh hydro and VIP for $175. Much cheaper then new or high pressure. My question, for the extra weight and girth and possibly being hard to resell, is the cost savings worth dealing with a steel Low pressure 105?
Do you mean PST LP104 (as opposed to 105)?

ETA: The specifications for the LP104 are here: SCUBA Cylinder Specifications – Huron Scuba, Snorkel & Adventure Travel Inc. PADI 5 star IDC in Ann Arbor, MI.

rx7diver

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom