Used gear Curaçao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've never been diving anywhere that charged for the weights. That said, there was a significant charge for any weights lost/not returned. This may no longer be the case because fear of that massive charge could cause a diver in trouble, to retain their weights rather than dump them.

Be what may, I agree that a shop getting that many tank rentals from you should be willing to negotiate.

Only place I've ever been that charged for weights was Grand Cayman. Bonaire sure doesn't. I'd buy, used or new, and just leave them there or give them to somebody that lives there. Certainly wouldn't pay $100 to rent them.

On the one hand, $100 is a drop in the bucket for what a month in Curacao must cost. Maybe not worth wasting much vacation time or jumping through hoops to save. There are probably other areas where you can save more than $100.

On the other hand, $100 is $100 and being economical is a mindset. If you fritter away $100 here, you'll likely fritter away $100 there. It starts to add up.

But it's really hard to believe you can do so much business with a shop and not have a good enough relationship to get a better deal. If $3/day adds up to $100 then you must be diving over 30 days. You should be on a package deal, in fact a multi-week package deal. I'm wondering if the OP has actually been to one of the dive shops yet or maybe going off the website? For example, Go West website says weights are $5/day but that's only for one-off tank rentals. Weights are included in the packages.

Back
Top Bottom