used equipment sale board or website?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wackodacko

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hiiii!

Does anyone know if they have some sort of used scuba equipment swap or sale classified ads website or board? Something that can also be localized? Im looking for used tanks, weights, etc that i wanna buy off of local people cuz im pretty sure there might be people around my area that wanna sell old scuba stuff.. Theres this thing called www.craigslist.org but its assorted things, not scuba-only. Thanks...
~~Jade
:eek:ut:

ebay or GUE Exchange

Got you Roak :D

Looks like we've been assimilated, huh? :)

Roak

If you buy used gear just make sure you have it checked out by a qualified technician. It's common sense but i thought i'd mention it anyway :D

Sheck33's right.
Used equipment, especially that which has not been inspected or maintained since it was "put in mothballs" for a long time could be hazardous. Get alot of detailed info from the seller. For instance, a regulator that is in "good" shape may not be.

I have heard too many horror stories about people buying used equipment. Sure they saved a few bucks but in the end it cost them more than they bargained for.

Good luck

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom