Used Coltri MCH-6

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

apenland01

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
There is a compressor for sale in my local area that I can pick up in person, but I'm not convinced it's a decent compressor with much life left in it for the money. It doesn't look anything like any of the newer Coltri compressors, so it's likely from the 80's or 90's, but I'm not sure.

Can anyone make a rough guess at how old this compressor is and whether it's got any life left in it?

Coltri-MCH-6.jpg

Coltri-MCH-6-2.jpg

Coltri-MCH-6-4.jpg

Coltri-MCH-6-5.jpg

Coltri-MCH-6-3.jpg

I was given one for free (about its' true value) that looked identical and it was from around 92. It seized for no apparent reason shortly after I started using it. Some have good luck with these, many do not. On the other hand, this one should have the first stage with real mechanical valves, not the plastic reed valves the new ones come with.

Ouch, thanks for the insight. He's asking $1,500, which is only like $1,000 less than a brand new one. I think I'll pass if they aren't a solid, good quality compressor.

There is a lot of information on these out there saying due to the design if they sit unused for extended periods corrosion can develop in the 4th stage. I looked at a few over the past few years and decided to hold off on the used ones I found as they were questionably maintained and it wasn't that much more for a new one. I think they are great and reliable if used and maintained as designed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom