Wanted Used Canister - for parts (just can for waterproof storage)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WebmasterJ

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Looking for an old canister with internal dimensions of 4-7" tall and 2-3" wide.
Taking some safety equipment down to 100+' and need to keep it dry, don't want to risk putting it in a otter box so looking for an old canister that I can plug and use as a waterproof container.

Thanks!

The Dive Rite Wreck can is about that size. Sorry, not selling one. I see them for sale fairly regularly and for not much $.

Forgot to add, ... or you can make something pretty affordable for that depth with some PVC from your local hardware store.

Does it have to be cylindrical for those dimensions? Another option that is almost the exact dimensions of the smaller otter boxes interior is old camera housings. I picked up an old SeaLife Reefmaster camera for $15 on eBay. I tossed the camera and use the housing for my keys and wallet when I dive. It's around 4.5 x 2.5+ x 2.5+ interior and has a 200ft depth rating. The Sony Marine cases are around 4 x 2-3/4 x 2 if you remove the rubber camera adapters and are rated for 135ft though they have been known to go deeper.

Thanks Jack Hammer I will try to find a Dive Rite Wreck can, I looked at the PVC option but have worked with big diameter PVC before and am afraid of it being hard to open with wet hands if needed.

herr2720 using a camera housing is not a bad idea, I plan on taking the container on a lot of working dives and it getting banged around a lot so leaning towards a cylinder but will look at that as an option.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom