• Sometimes

Votes: 6 7.2%
  • Used to, but don't anymore

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Carrots/Other/Meh

Votes: 6 7.2%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

But, other CCRs have the ADV injecting just before the DSV or right into the inhale counterlung. Then it seems like it could be a problem if the dil is hypoxic.

Just want to add a note for others reading this that on Meg loops the ADV injects into the exhale counterlung. I would think there are other units that also do the same.

Same on the fathom. Injects just before the exhale counterlung into the left shoulder t piece

Just want to add a note for others reading this that on Meg loops the ADV injects into the exhale counterlung. I would think there are other units that also do the same.

My bad. I didn’t mean to imply that all other CCRs inject into the inhale. I just meant that some others do. I should have been more clear.

Yes but its also pretty sensitive. It really needs to be isolated when you're on the surface - which is thankfully easy to do.
People have splashed with the Meg ADV on and their O2 off and died from hypoxia because their got distracted and their loop filled up with 10/50. This is a way bigger threat IMO than plugging 15/55 or even 12/65 or 10/70 into a BOV on a gag strap. At least with hypoxic BO & a BOV you have to consciously switch its not a subtle passive thing.

Yes but its also pretty sensitive. It really needs to be isolated when you're on the surface - which is thankfully easy to do.
People have splashed with the Meg ADV on and their O2 off and died from hypoxia because their got distracted and their loop filled up with 10/50. This is a way bigger threat IMO than plugging 15/55 or even 12/65 or 10/70 into a BOV on a gag strap. At least with hypoxic BO & a BOV you have to consciously switch its not a subtle passive thing.

This is a really legit and good criticism of the Meg ADV. Since I started on a Meg, isolation of the ADV has always been part of my pre-jump procedure. On the other hand, if you don't have a BOV and really need gas to breathe on the bottom, the ADV can flow high enough that you can take a few breathes straight off of it if needed.

Pros and cons to having a good ADV -- your certainly right that disciplined control of that isolator is critical.

This is a really legit and good criticism of the Meg ADV. Since I started on a Meg, isolation of the ADV has always been part of my pre-jump procedure. On the other hand, if you don't have a BOV and really need gas to breathe on the bottom, the ADV can flow high enough that you can take a few breathes straight off of it if needed.

Pros and cons to having a good ADV -- your certainly right that disciplined control of that isolator is critical.
The Meg ADV has spoiled me compared to the ADV on my sidewinder - which I isolate and usually just leave off unless I'm scootering. The meg ADV is so sensitive that if I'm scootering I can get the TOS lungs to smush enough to fire it. Scootering on the surface with hypoxic dil is my paranoia time on that. I leave the meg ADV off unless I need it and I can flick the isolator on and inject with my left hand even while on the trigger (at depth).

Funny thing is on my kiss sidewinder the ADV is terrible and I leave it off unless I'm scootering. The MAV is on my right shoulder and my right hand isn't readily free. And the CLs are small so its easy to have inadequate volume with a quick little drop in depth. A sucky ADV is still better than nothing to breathe though.
Net:
I leave meg adv off since the CLs are larger and its accessible with my left hand and plus its super risky to me on the surface
On the sidewinder it sucks, never fires unless you're desperate, and the MAV is on the right so I turn it on and leave it on as soon as I drop.

I'm just the lowly, silly OC diver here to say that I've been seeing this thread title often on the "Recent Posts" page and just wanted to let you know that it's making me giggle like a school girl every time and it still hasn't gotten old. I'll make my exit from this thread now. Sorry to interrupt :D

Sincerely,
Completely Immature

I'm just the lowly, silly OC diver here to say that I've been seeing this thread title often on the "Recent Posts" page and just wanted to let you know that it's making me giggle like a school girl every time and it still hasn't gotten old. I'll make my exit from this thread now. Sorry to interrupt :D

Sincerely,
Completely Immature

Go to your room!

LOL :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom