USD black Horsecollars

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maybe I am crazy but it seems to me that about 8 years ago I had a government account with Global and they were carrying a lot of military contract USD products like solid J double manifolds and the USD horsecollars like you saw 30 years ago. Can anyone confirm this? If so it would seem there should be some decent replacement bladders around.

This one should still be available. I have one in black.

Seatec-Sunfish

The SeaTec is the way to go. Tough, durable, better designed than any past USD horsecollars, parts available, and they show up regular on eBay.

Oh, yeah, they also actually work.

N

Well, 3 posts in a row with something noteworthy. James, if what you say turns out
to have substance, and Hcollars might still be available through global then it would be great if this were looked into. I'll do it if you could give me some direction
or info on who to contact. I'll look into it in any case,as it might turn out to be a quick solution to have reliable cheap USD Hcollars. Thanks for the thoughts.
Captain That seatec link you posted throws me back somewhat, I really like
that Hcollar, I'm starting to get a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach.....
Like maybe Nemrod might be right. But I just scored a USD Hc from AndyB
from VDH's forum he is donating 1 and will ship it soon. So I will continue to
put together bladders and plastic fittings and figure prices and see if this makes
sense. N. I must admit that you are right if one looks at overall quality,parts
replacement etc. etc. But That old USD is really neat. More than one of us would
like one that functions. I will,in the end,buy a seatec also.Your input is always
valued. Thanks.
Porbeagle

I could not find my Global catalog but I have an Aqua Tech Dive Center catalog. It is probably about 7 years old. it shows a horse collar US Divers Calypso Military BC Part # USD394050. I cannot tell from the picture if it has the older style power inflator or not but it appears USD was making military horsecollars very recently.
Link:
comsales@divecenter.com/milsales@divecenter.com

Last edited:
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom