USCGC DUANE, MOLASSES REEF report, thursday 7/6/17, pics,,,,,,,,,,,

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

world class condition with world class photos...thanks for sharing.

Love the outstanding photos. Is it common to see that many Eagle Rays on Molasses Reef?

Love the outstanding photos. Is it common to see that many Eagle Rays on Molasses Reef?

It has been for the past 2 months, especially on the south end of molasses. Historically may thru August is an excellent time to observe schooling rays. I've observed numerous eagle rays on nearly every dive since may,,,

Reefman
Key largo

Here's a couple proof of life shots taken in the same section of molasses REEF last month by buddy BOB(previously posted)

Reefman
Key largo

Attachments

• downloadfile.png
    downloadfile.png
    116.9 KB · Views: 43
  • downloadfile-1.png
    downloadfile-1.png
    112.1 KB · Views: 44
It has been for the past 2 months, especially on the south end of molasses. Historically may thru August is an excellent time to observe schooling rays. I've observed numerous eagle rays on nearly every dive since may,,,

Reefman
Key largo

Thank you Reefman. For sure I need to bring my grandson down next summer. Their Boy Scout Seabase liveaboard that he returned from last week did not take them to Molasses Reef, so we will do it as a shore based adventure, probably getting him AOW certified at the the same time. Thanks again for the photos. Keep them coming please.

Tim, the shot inside the Duane is beautiful, reminds me why I like this dive so much, I really must get back down. The photos of the golden Coney are gorgeous, I very rarely see this phase.
Thank you scubadada. Just happened to have a little reflection on the ceiling in the room and plenty of grunts. Golden coney is usually there, in the same place, today he was quite cooperative.

Last edited:
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom