USB Interface for DataTrans Plus?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tamorgen

Reaction score
I read in another post that there Oceanic's parallel interface for the DataTrans plus does not work with XP. Thats fine. I can't seem to find the parallel version anymore anyway. What I would like to know is if anybody knows the correct USB interface for the DataTrans Plus? I downloaded Oceanlog and it doesn't even list the DataTrans Plus. I emailed Oceanic and haven't received any reply to date. My girlfriend is a new diver and bought this computer from someone who bought it, then never used it on ebay. Why you would spend that much money on a hoseless computer, and never use it, I don't know, but it should work out for her. I'd like to buy the PC interface for her so she can download those logs. Even if I have to buy the Parallel version, does it exist anywhere?

I read in another post that there Oceanic's parallel interface for the DataTrans plus does not work with XP. Thats fine. I can't seem to find the parallel version anymore anyway. What I would like to know is if anybody knows the correct USB interface for the DataTrans Plus? I downloaded Oceanlog and it doesn't even list the DataTrans Plus. I emailed Oceanic and haven't received any reply to date. My girlfriend is a new diver and bought this computer from someone who bought it, then never used it on ebay. Why you would spend that much money on a hoseless computer, and never use it, I don't know, but it should work out for her. I'd like to buy the PC interface for her so she can download those logs. Even if I have to buy the Parallel version, does it exist anywhere?

Did you ever receive a reply to this? I am looking for the same solution.

Thanks,

Cleric

I recently bought the parallel version off of ebay. It will work with xp but I don't have the parallel bus on my laptop and one of my desktops runs Vista. Not going to work. What I had to do is get my old win 98 desktop out and download to it and then export the data and put it on my laptop then download it to my pocket pc. The mogul 6800 works ok and if I were to put the win98 back onto the network then I could transfer the data from my laptop. If I could find a parallel to serial or usb I'd have it made.

CP technologies makes a great Serial to USB converter (P/N CP-US-02). The cable you bought on eBay, did it have a brand name, or some other identifier that I might be able to locate another one? I'm not even sure what the connectors are supposed to look like. I just spent nine days cave diving and would love to get that data onto my computer.

Thanks for the reply,

Cleric

The unit is a Oceanic and it works by placing your scuba computer in the cradle, the two lights line up and it transfers the data thru infrared. Keep looking it took me 4 months to come across this one and it was new. I won it for around $25. They cost about $195 in a store. Good luck. Richard

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom