USA made wings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Unified team diving makes their wings locally (USA) and definitely Oxycheq some of the best wings out there.

Would you guys git yer directions straight, yer sending people up and down the road err street when they are just across the state highway :)

left, right, left from Edd's so over and up I guess? lol

Are hogs made in US? Or OMS?
No. Original HOG and OMS yes, current no.

Are we distinguishing between "made in the US" vs "assembled in the US"?

Where is the shell / bladder material made?
If they are made in the USA, the material more than likely comes from the USA. If it's made overseas, it comes from overseas. There is still a lot of that type of material made here for the military and other applications. Technical textiles like that never really left the US, it was just commodity type fabrics that left.

I paid for an orange duffy wing from crazy john allen but he didn't have any and wasn't going to have any
so after a few messages and phone calls and messages and months of no replies, I got my money back

So I thought cool I'll get a tailor made one from duffy for twice the price, more than half a grand to get it here
and ordered ORANGE. Duffy was very accommodating

Here's the 18 duffy wing from his latest batch, a few months old I'm modding to fit a plastic bakpak

full.jpg

Their orange is not orange but FLUORESCENT orange and of a very very poor colourfastness
Ok it's seen sun and salt but look at that fading, like those shirts that the building workers wear.

All bladders from wings up to 32 seem to be this size

So I speak with duffy and say "mate I ordered an orange wing you have sent me a fluorescent orange wing
It looks like something a clown could wear?"

So duffy says
"It is the same orange material that we have used since we offered orange."
Best regards,
Patrick Duffy

So what can I say about that???? but it's not %$”&^£$ orange

full.jpg

and welded fittings on the duffy bladder, of different colours well who knows what they're doing there

I've got an OMS 32 I think, seen a lot of dives, very stiff cordura I've tried to damage it, rubbed it in rust
great wing
got the latest moulded coarse thread welded soft fittings

full.jpg

there's the size on a standard H pattern plate.

There it is pretty empty hugging a steel 120

full.jpg

Pennington wings win hands down, but I've disconnected the internal bungee

full.jpg

and de embroidered it

full.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom