US Divers Aquarius

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I started on an Aquarius in the early Seventies and mine, well Herbies didn't have a "TO"

Me too!
My first real brand new shiny regulator was a USD Aquarius bought around around 1978 with my first real pay check- it was my pride and joy and I traded it years later on an SE2 which was supposed to be the mutt’s nutt’s but never really had the same feel or appeal!

6CC0D840-CDB7-4757-9CFB-9B403F8593D7.jpeg
Photo of the regulator in question as promised. I was wondering if I can’t find a main spring for this reg. If it would be feasible to use Teflon shims like many other regulators do?

Okay, that is NOT the 94-97 model I cited for a part number. Maybe someone else has the older version drawings to see if the spring PN happens to still track with current parts.

I hope this helps.

Aquarius first stage from Aqua-Lung Repair Manual-3_Page_1.jpg

Aquarius first stage from Aqua-Lung Repair Manual-3_Page_2.jpg

Aquarius first stage from Aqua-Lung Repair Manual-3_Page_3.jpg

What makes you think that 110 psi is not enough? Adjust the 2nd stage, and go dive it. The Aquarius is not something I would have ever taken deep.

L1160647.JPG
What makes you think that 110 psi is not enough? Adjust the 2nd stage, and go dive it. The Aquarius is not something I would have ever taken deep.
The problem I see, is his Aquarius might be as bad balanced as mine.
L1160641.JPG
L1160646.JPG

When I adjust the IP to specs at around 130psi at full tank, at 600psi I have only 92psi IP.....
If the TO has the same problem, even diving shallow might be not really fun.....

But it's strange that he doesn't get more than 110psi, I could easily adjust the IP to 170psi at full tank...

For the age/era of this regulator, what happens if tuning it with 2250 as the highest pressure?

We have a few of these.....We have used them as a dry suit inflator and tire inflator....as a regulator, I wouldn't use it for a pool reg. All feels well when you breathe them in a relaxed setting, but in a srong current , it is like breathing through a straw... just my 2 cents.

For the age/era of this regulator, what happens if tuning it with 2250 as the highest pressure?
The Aquarius yoke is a 3000psi yoke, in the manual the specs mention only 3000psi....
On 2250psi I was also able to adjust the IP to minimum 160psi (after that the 2nd started to free flow, didn't want to adjust that one)......

Back
Top Bottom