US customs -- where?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And if I'm reallllly lucky, the flight to Austin will be out of Terminal E, which happens about 50% of the time for us. It's always a crapshoot at IAH.....sometimes the lines fill customs, sometimes you can walk right up. Customs is like a box of chocolates....ya never know what you'll get!

Mike

I fly thru ALT most trips to Cozumel. Two hours should be fine, I have never had a problem making a connection with 2 hours. I even have time to grab dinner before boarding. The transportation around the airport is quick and easy. Recently I got the Global Entry approval and I now just fly thru immigration and customs. Its well worth the $100.

I've been using GE for a few years. Here's a good tip: When you're travelling on your own, it's a breeze...but when you have a companion it's a pain because you have to stay with them in the regular lines. Correct? Heck no. Drag your friend/family member with you to the GE machine then explain to the DHS agent near the computer that you have a family member with you and they will send them to the next available spot in line. Worked for me 5/5 times so far. Tip was given to me by a DHS agent.

And if I'm reallllly lucky, the flight to Austin will be out of Terminal E, which happens about 50% of the time for us. It's always a crapshoot at IAH.....sometimes the lines fill customs, sometimes you can walk right up. Customs is like a box of chocolates....ya never know what you'll get!

Mike

Ain't that the truth!!! I've made a connection home from Coz thru IAH where they had us with a 58 minute layover, and a few weeks ago I didn't make a connection from Key West thru Tampa when the layover was well over 2 hours. I kind of hate to have a 3 hour layover coming back through Houston as I can drive home from IAH in just over 3 hours. But with all the chaos these days, I am leaning towards longer connection times, just to play it safe.

Back
Top Bottom