Urchin wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NateSmith

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey folks,

I'm in the market for an urchin wetsuit (not doing urchin diving yet, but am going to be in cold water for an extended period of time and don't want to plunk down the $ on a drysuit). If anybody has something in the range of a 1/2" thick wetsuit that'd fit someone who's 5'10" and 185-195 (depending on the immediate availability of cheesecake) that's just gathering dust, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Nate

Why not just buy a used drysuit? There are very few "urchin diver" suits around. In fact I only know of one person with one, and he is well over 6ft.

Scubaboard classifieds (Where I got my current suit), The Deco Stop, and Ebay (Where I have bought 4 drysuits) are your best choices. I snagged my gals current drysuit, a Bare ATR light, with new latex seals, SI Tech dry gloves and permanent wrist rings, 200g Bare undies, for $127 shipped. Aquasealed 6 holes shut and she has been dry in it ever since. My first drysuit was a CF200 with DUI400g thinsulate undies from ebay. It was NOS EOD suit and lasted me for over 200+ dives, so for $400, not a bad deal.

A drysuit also offers you redundancy in buoyancy which is nice to have.

I am about the same height but typically weigh in around 165lbs. I barely fit a medium, and for you a large would definitely be in order.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom